Structural engineering and permitting

Having fought permit battles for alternative systems many times, I can carry your project through as the engineer, or simply advise you at the outset about what you can expect in trying to “get it permitted”.  I’ve been a registered engineer since 1983, in California since 1988. My input at the start can save you thousands of dollars in the long run.

If you are outside California,  I can work with your local engineer to bring him or her up to speed with the materials and systems you want to use.  Engineers and building officials often would rather hear about alternative building from another engineer, and I’m happy to put my experience at your and their disposal.